Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sweet Redemption

Having suffered through a pretty rough BBQ meal a few days ago I was looking to get myself back on track. I suppose the moral of this story is that you should do your homework before going out for BBQ, or better yet, just make it yourself.

That being said, on my last day in Massachusetts I headed to Blue Ribbon BBQ in Newton MA. I have been eating at this place since I was in high school, long before I got into making my own BBQ or even developed a real taste for BBQ food. The food is just plain awesome. I got the KC Burnt ends sandwich (that's the ends of of a BBQ brisket chopped up) with baked beans and coleslaw.

The meat was cooked perfectly and served in a great sauce on a kaiser roll. You can really tell that it had been smoked properly as it fell apart when you bit into it. I could taste the rub, but not the extent that it overpowered the flavor of the meat. The coleslaw had a little more mayo that I usually go for, but it tasted great nonetheless. The baked beans were solid as well, with plenty of chunks of pulled pork and brisket in them.

When you enter Blue Ribbon it is immediately apparent that this is a serious, no frills BBQ place. There aren't any tables, only a counter with stools. You go up to the front and all of the sandwich options are written on a blackboard. A sandwich with two sides will run you about $6.50 and unless you haven't eaten for a few days, you will not be able to finish everything.

Needless to say, I have calmed down considerably from Saturday and am looking forward to my next project.

http://www.blueribbonbbq.com/






1 comment:

Carson Doors said...

Nice blog thankks for posting