Friday, February 1, 2008

New Sauce and Rub

In anticipation of making ribs for the Superbowl ( I bought about 3.5 lbs of baby back's) I thought I should try a new rub and BBQ sauce as well. Grand Central has a great spice store called Penzeys spices. They have a wide variety of spice blends, many specially tailored for BBQ. I chose the Galena Street Rib & Chicken rub (http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysgalena.html)

On the BBQ sauce front, I was disappointed to notice that brands you would think would use all natural ingredients such as Stubb's use corn syrup in their sauces. After reading a few label backs I found a winner in "The Original King Street Blues Mahogany Barbecue Sauce." On closer inspection I realize that in between natural ingredients such as brown sugar, molasses etc, they did sneak in some corn syrup. Will have to be more careful in the future or not be such a BBQ sauce snob.

No comments: