Thursday, February 7, 2008

Things to come

In the future I intend to explore the side dish spectrum of BBQ. There are a lot of really great BBQ sides that can be made in your crockpot. Things such as candied yams, baked beans and even cornbread can made in a crokpot.

I also will be making beef brisket using a combination of the broiler/crockpot. The broiler is really an incredible thing and makes a nice addition to the crockpot. Giving the meat a quick blast in the broiler and then a few hours in the crockpot is great combination.

In light of being dissatisfied with the BBQ sauce offerings at most retail stores (do to their heavy use of corn syrup and other additives) I will also try to make my own BBQ sauce. If anyone has any recipe suggestions please let me know. I will try to make about one bottle's worth and will keep around for future use.

On the blog side, I will be putting together a recipe section to allow easier access to recipes I've used/created. I will never put anything in that I haven't made myself and if I can make it, anybody can.

No comments: