Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Too hot for cooking today

Was hoping to make a new Asian style pulled pork recipe today, but this heat is really challenging my will to cook. I don't have central air conditioning in my apartment and not too much airflow either and while I love the smell of pork, it can really hang around the apartment for awhile, especially in the heat. I hope everybody's kitchen is a little more forgiving and inviting. In the mean time, I'm kinda getting into this new angle for my blog though. More new ideas and recipes and breaking away a little from the tradition. I made a little sketch using a basic paint program to express this revolution. It's a pig in a Merlin-like costume stirring up a pot. My friend and I brainstormed that I should be calling this blog "The BBQ Alchemist." In a way crockpot cooking is kinda like alchemy, turning tough cuts of meat into gold, or rather better tasting meat anyway. Really can't draw that well, but it will have to do. Look for the Asian style pulled pork recipe this weekend.

4 comments:

ddreilinger said...

I like the pig. he has a mischievous look in his eyes, like he knows something we don't...

Mallika said...

I know what you mean about the heat. I can't get the smell of spices ut of the kitchen on really hot and humid days...

Unknown said...

ha, i love it. did you draw that by yourself? i like the bbq alchemist as a name and as artwork!

Nicole said...

Well I love the word alchemist! Great choice. Cute new head.